Google Site Search

Google
 

Monday, March 19, 2007

Decentralized Identity and OpenSSO

Recently someone mentioned that OpenSSO does Centralized Identity where as decentralized identity should be the real future. Apparently the person told me that Ping Identity has decentralized identity notions.

Well, I cannot fully agree that decentralized identity is the ideal thing for enterprises and partners. It does make a lot of sense with OpenID, CardSpace etc. But are these the real future? Maybe Kim will disagree with me.

I am looking for comments on this. I have not done a detailed investigation into OpenSSO and its architecture. Wonder if Pat can highlight on this topic of 'OpenSSO and Centralized Identity'.

1 comment:

Greg said...

OpenSSO is not an Identity Management solution - it is a Single Sign On solution that consumes identity from one or several identity stores.